Monday 3 June 2013

Museum trip (Libby)

On a rather tiring Friday room five, six, and nine went to the fact learning Canterbury musuem! In my group I had five members including our parent helper Sophia. The bus picked us up at 9 am sharp. It was pretty loud on the bus, people were talking, laughing and the noise level was very high. Once we were dropped off we stopped for a quick snack. The weather was stunningly sunny with a light winter breeze or two but it was good weather over all.

First we explored the museum like stomping elephants. We explored the old Christchurch street, the discovery room, and the Antarctica room. Most of us went on the Penny Farthing which is an old bike.

Next we met Merissa and she took us to Fred and Myrtle's Paua house. I enjoyed watching the video about the house in Bluff but I especially enjoyed searching through their house and looking for special paua shells.

After that we listened to Anthony (my cousin) tell us oral stories about how New Zealand was formed and how the sky father (Ranginui) made the sky. We also did a quiz about how you identify myths, legends, and oral history stories.

I thought the museum was great. I learnt lots about oral history, kiwiana, and lots of other different facts. It was extremely fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment